Candles and Hearts

Some pictures from our birthday/valentines celebration.. and a little storm called Nemo (which stopped any and all weekend birthday celebrations : ( plus D was sick.. double sad face)


my first attempt at cake pops.. I have made them before.. but never frosted, decorated and put them on sticks before..


and I got shoes for my birthday :)



For Valentine's Day a group of us mom (who have mainly only interacted online in a local parenting group) decided it would be fun to have our kids mail each other Valentine's.. D and I got together to make this heart crown and we received and still are receiving so much cute mail.


Then came Valentine's Day and M went down with the flu.. and romance died so I baked shortbread.



and D crafted some heart melting cuteness at school.. 





I had saved some of the cake pops I had made the week before, the less than round and perfect ones and upcycled them. Whipped some whipped cream with peanut butter and topped with chocolate sauce. The perfect concoction.




Even with all the fevers and phlegm.. it was not all bad.. and a lot of good. Cuddles and snuggles and lazy days spent in pj's.

Just Sold: Embellished and Heaven's Web

Get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin
I am now also offering ad space. See Sponsors for more information



Comments

  1. Looks like a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those cakeballs turned out SO cute! and those pink studded flats are perfect!!

    xo,Taylor
    iLikeMyClothesTaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday/valentine's day! The pink shoes are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everyone is feeling much better! Adorable Valentines! Have a great day!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm....loving the cake pops and shortbread cookies :D
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is making me hungry!! :) Those cake pops look amazing. And I love those birthday flats!! They are so cute! I like the idea of exchanging valentine's with the other kids, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable pics and those sweets look so delicious! Hope that Nemo didn't rough you out too much...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, that last dessert looks and sounds absolutely delicious!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a very sweet holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cake pops look yummy. Good job! And adore the shoes. xo

    The Cheeky Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you survived the storm quite nicely! Shoes for your birthday? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those shoes.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. can I have one cake pop please? :P
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous2/19/2013

    oh he is a cutie patootie!
    yay for surviving phlegm and nemo in one weekend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, so cute! I love D's paper crown!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute pictures! I found you from Mom Bloggers Club.
    I am a new follower. Please follow back my blog is:
    Butterfly Kisses of Love
    http://butterflykissesoflove.blogspot.com

    Thanks!
    Keisha

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was sick on valentine's day too! No fun! But looks like you all still had a beautiful day! It's all about the sweets anyways! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG This is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your pics! Especially the one of your new shoes.. love the studded pair! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww what a cutie. And those cake pops look delicious!

    Erika

    The Cardinal Planner

    ReplyDelete
  21. love cake pops, i haven't made them in so long. i need to rectify this NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, I followed your link from MBC. I love your blog, this is just the kind of blog I like to read. Your little guy is adorable. I'm following your blog. If you would like to check out mine, it's at thistlebearhome.blogspot.com. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography