lately

Other than the travelling there has been so much going on lately.. that I really haven't had the chance to sit and think about it.

Remember all home projects I had been talking about in the winter well they are both done.. finished.. phew. One still requires some finishing touches.. but then again the process of decorating never truly ends.. does it? And in celebration of finally being done we thought we'd start another one.. who needs to relax right? I hope to share the spaces in the next few weeks.. just need to get all the pictures in order. Below is the mess that is our next project.


I am trying to spring clean.. not the on my hands and knees scrubbing kind but more of the declutter and either try to sell or donate all the things we do not need, use etc. I just donated one huge bag of things a few weeks ago and i'm sure there is more to come.. I am trying to sell some on ebay.. a lttle extra cash never hurt. You can check out some of the things we're selling here

When D was little I was all over the mommy and me classes.. we did gym and swim and art.. and with H nothing.. feeling a little guilty and having a bad mommy moment I signed him up for some gym classes.. next i'm thinking maybe music or swim.




and D is getting ready for another birthday.. he has been planning it since February.. I started listening to him in March and now I am in prep mode.. meaning spending all my days looking at my Pinterest birthday board. Now that D is such a 'big boy' he has decided he doesn't need naps anymore..


So he falls asleep on the table.. He is also developing an interest in cooking.. he can scramble an egg, helps me layer a lasagna and bread chicken.. 


and he has finally started to play with Lego. Not as much as either of us would like.. mainly because of H and his desire to eat them So D usually has to make his creations alone behind closed doors and he's not a fan of the solitude.



I am hoping to have a really cool giveaway running for you guys next week.. don't forget to come check it out..

Get my post directly in you inbox with Bloglovin
I am now on Instagram.. Come Along and Follow me on my Photo Journey


Comments

  1. Congrats on finishing the home projects! That is a small miracle in my opinion as those seem to be never ending.
    I love the sleeping while coloring picture...I've been known to do that too! ;) It's hard work! Legos are great. I have 8 year olds in my classroom who still play with them regularly. A great activity for the mind and little hands too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to get projects done!??!? Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaawww...He fell asleep at the table! That's so cute.
    I really like that he's taken an interest in cooking and that he gets to cook with you! When I was little, I wasn't even allowed in the kitchen. I never learned how to cook from my parents.
    My kids LOVE legos. They could spend hours building different things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sleeping at the table picture is adorable, and how fun that your little boy likes helping around in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am decluttering also, but it is such a struggle!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am trying to purge right now. Your little one will have so much fun in his new classes and the socialization will be great for him. The asleep at the table is precious. I love how he's interested in cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little ones are too adorable. And yeah...that mommy guilt never really go aways...:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so many of our projects are a slowly slowly variety - we planned the new paint for our kitchen ages ago and only now do we have half the cupboards painted!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. His lego and food prep work are impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is completely normal with the 2nd kid. not as many pictures and not as many activities, but they will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute pictures!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that pic of D falling asleep on the table.
    Glad to know that your projects are completed. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How adorable that D likes to cook!
    Also, I nominated you for an award :)
    http://happyprettysweet.com/2015/04/20/april-wish-list-mules/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to hear about your tackling the home projects. We just finished a few and even though it took several months, haha, it's done! It's great the he's already developed an interest in cooking. Have a lovely week. /Madison
    Office Casual

    ReplyDelete
  15. It always feel so good to be able to complete your projects, go you!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh that picture of Little D sleeping is so darn cute!!! I wish I had the time and motivation to spring clean--my house really needs it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. travelling is one of the best things in life
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That time when they're trying to give up naps is so hard. Will he lie on his bed with a book for a little while? Mine did that for me at that stage. Some days they slept, at least they were somewhat in control of it and got what they needed. Don't worry about signing H up for lots of things, he has the benefit of an older sibling, which helps so much. But I understand how you feel. I'm sure you'll have fun with H and he'll love it. Good luck with the house clearing. I feel like I'm always in the process, but it never ends!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So adorable...and great work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww it's lovely that he's so excited for his bday and how good is Pinterest!? So many incredible ideas from themes to decor to cakes! I'm sure you'll make it incredibly special for him.

    New follower on GFC and Bloglovin - hope you follow back and keep in touch xxxxx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is so adorable--D sleeping on the table! My mom says she has never seen a baby fight sleep the way ours does...so I think something like this is ahead for us for sure! Almost D's birthday! Oh my goodness, the time flies! Seems like only yesterday H was born, and now he is ready for gym and swim classes! So cute too that D likes cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  22. aaww.. so adorable!! :D
    gosh, this reminds me, i need to do my spring cleaning too!

    Have a great day!! :D
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved reading this post! So much fun and love in one post! I love his cooking skills already! So cute!

    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
  24. A budding little chef you've got there! That is the cutest thing ever. Don't feel bad about not spending as much time doing classes together as you did with D. I think that is a normal thing most parents go through. Time is never your friend with a second child.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love all your pictures so adorable! I'm Spring cleaning and getting rid of things as well! I thought about trying Ebay...have you had much luck? Planning a yard sale too... Have a great weekend!

    Blessings
    ,Jill

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're a busy mama! I've been struggling getting to all my spring cleaning/decluttering. It just feels overwhelming with two busy boys. Haha. Love the sleeping picture!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's wonderful that your home projects are done. It's so true, you think you're done but then you end up finding another project.
    So cute that D fell asleep on the table :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are certainly busy! I love the picture of your little guy sleeping at the table. Too cute!

    -Lindsey
    Have Clothes, Will Travel

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your kids are adorable! I am working on clearing out the clutter in my apartment too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've been wanting to declutter too. Selling my stuff on eBay might be happening soon. Good luck!

    Christina
    cityloveee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love love love all the comments, every single one brings a smile to my face. Make sure you're not a no-reply blogger so I can write back!

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen and Family Room: New Flooring

D's Amazing Race Party

Friday Photography